Sunday, December 30, 2012

What's more fun than a box? Mommebox

    I am super excited to be able to review this new subscription service of boxes. MomméBox has finally launched. Mommébox is a monthly subscription box of beauty, lifestyle and education products selected for mothers. 
According to the website:


Mommébox offers the following billing options for boxes:
  • $20 for one month (Will not renew after one month)
  • $18 per month for 3 months (Will not renew after 3 months)
  • $15 per month for 4 months or more (Initial payment of $60 and you will receive 4 months of boxes. After the 4th month we will bill you $15 per month until you cancel).
Cancel anytime! If you don’t want next month’s box, simply cancel by the end of the month (applicable after the 2nd box on the 3 month subscription and after the 4th box on the monthly subscription).
    The monthly boxes have super fun themes that they have listed on their website here. The box that I am reviewing is their first one, the January Healthy Living Box.

   The sleek, glossy black box arrived shortly after their tracking confirmation email was sent. The information card was above the red tissue paper - confession - I didn't read it at first because I was too excited to see what was in the box.
How purdy!
Let's open her up!
Lots of goodies!!

 
     The breakdown of the goodies are as follows:
Health-
     - OurSkinny chocolate shake - I'm not much of a chocolate person but their Lemon-Raspberry looks yummy. There are bars and mini meals as well. I like that you just have to add water to the shake - which is an awesome convenience factor but I would also like to see the option to order refill packets.
     - Barre3 trial 2 weeks of workouts online
     - Kelapo Coconut Oil for healthier cooking 0.5oz packet
       (Love their selection of Coconut oil products! And their Cotton Elephant Tee is adorable!!)
     - Nature's Kick Clover Honey Stix 7pk
       (There are so many flavors of honey stix available to order on their website.)
Lifestyle-
     - Vaska laundry detergent
       (I have sampled this brand before and had good results - 2 thumbs up)
     - Good Clean Love- a sample of their 100% vegan, paraben, glycerin and
       petrochemical free organic natural lubricant (Phew!)
Beauty-
    - Kryolan makeup 5 piece goodie bag- duo eye pencil in brown and black,
     golden special event face primer, facial moisturizer & clear/pinkish lip gloss
    - Mineral Hygienic $15 dollar code offer - those mini starter kits look neat
 



 
    I am very happy with this box. It was full of a nice variety and quality of items and I think it sets a great stage for the boxes to come. I'm excited about the Kelapo Coconut oil and how I'm going to use it in my baking. (Side story - I have been trying to work on cooking with new items. That started when I bought a plantain a few months back. Most recently I made an artichoke!) I know the Tweedles were excited to each have a honey stix and then they asked if we could go to the Farmer's Market to pick up more but I have to inform them that it Winter so I have to promise to take them when it is open.    

    One thing that I found interesting was that the items were all for me (even though I shared). I have noticed that in a few kid themed subscription boxes there is a nice little treat in there for the parents so I was kind of thinking there would be a little treat for kiddos but this was a nice break. It was like shopping for shoes and coming home with a pair just for me and not one of the kids! (which all of us moms know that is hard to do when we go shopping -haha)

    I signed up for a 4 month subscription so I cannot wait to see what goodies come in next month's box! February's theme is Share the Love. Nothing like a little Valentines day gift to myself - well more like a Birthday gift to myself! (My birthday is two days after Valentines day so growing up I didn't celebrate it that much as I more excited about my birthday)

    What do you think about this subscription box? Did you sign up? Will you?

________________________________________________________
(They are currently on a hold therefore no boxes right now)

(They are no longer sending boxes)

Part IV - My review of Stork Stack and you can read about it here.
Next box on deck to review: TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment