Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What's more fun than a box? bluum box

 blumm is a monthly subscription box created for parents by parents.
I had the pleasure of receiving their December, January and February boxes shortly after their release in September 2011. I purchased a 3 month subscription at a discount at www.onsale.com (I purchased my voucher November 2011 and at the time of purchase it was $18 for $36 value.)
    Themed boxes have about 4-5 deluxe samples in for baby and mums. Don't get hung up on the idea of deluxe being a size but more so of the quality. Some reviews complain about the illusion the description of the boxes should be with full sized samples but in fact it's more like the quality of the products that are deluxe.  The boxes are prepped and packed with care.
    If you are looking for a collection of samples of different companies and products out there then this is something to consider.  They are doing the research and hunting for you. I was able to learn about a few different brands that I was not aware before like NurtureMe.
    The site says that they alter the boxes to your baby's age, however the boxes that I received and those that were posted all appeared to be the same.
    My favorite box was the February box that was themed "Cuddle Buddies". There was an adorable B Kids Loop Around Wrist Rattle.




How cute is this little guy?!
    You have to sign up by the 10th of the month because they ship on the 17th of the month. They currently have a wait list that you can sign up to receive an invitation. They accept all major credit and debit cards but not Paypal. The monthly subscription rates offer are as follows: 3 months $49.95/ 6 months $79.95/ 12 months $149.50  (It looks like the price has gone up a smidge since I signed up)
   A nice bonus is that they have a program where you can earn points for writing reviews on the samples you get and friends referred. With those points you can earn free boxes.  
   
    I must admit I currently have my subscription on hold. I was disappointed in their lack of customer service or at least response to my inquiry and suggestion. I had received a black tea sample in one of my boxes and just wanted to suggest that if they were sending boxes out per stage of babies and possible breast feeding mums then the caffeine amount in the black tea wouldn't be ideal. I never heard from them, not like I was trying to get them to apologize because there was nothing to apologize for. I just would have appreciated a "thanks for the suggestion". To me, customer service is very important - even if it just a suggestion.
   My final review is that bluum is a nice subscription box service to sample and learn about the different companies, products and services out there for mums and babies. It is a little smaller in box and product size compared to others. If you find a discounted offer on a deal site I would suggest trying them out for a box or two.
    Have you tried out bluum? What was your impression? Likes? Dislikes?

______________________________________________________________
Next box on deck to review: TeetheMe 


No comments:

Post a Comment