Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday

    I was thinking it has been a while since doing a Thankful Thursday themed post so here we go. I am thankful for our home we own. Luckily we don't have to rent. And yes it is a nice home, regardless of my feelings of disgust every now and then. It's not the house's fault that I had dreamed of my house growing up and this is nothing like what my dreams showed me. I mean nothing like the house I had pictured. It's not the house's fault that I only think of it as a starter home with big hopes to move onto better things. And it is not the house's fault that we totally outgrew it, like 2 years ago but who's keeping track?
    In my house's defense it was a "her & her" house. The prior owners did not have any children, just a dog. She had a rose garden and he grew vegetables. She had the front bedroom and he had the back bedroom. And the dog had the basement. There actually was a swing door at the bottom of the basement stairs to help keep it down there. They called it the "Millie door".  A nice sized house for 2 people and a family of 3.
    I am thankful that we have a yard, a rather large yard in the town we live in. We technically have a double lot of land. I am thankful that we are in a great school district for the kids. I am thankful that it is located relatively close to a few drugs stores and grocery stores so if we need something we can run out and be back within 20 or so minutes.
    I am just feeling the funk of being held in place on trying to add on. It's a tail chasing discussion the hubs and I have every now and then about what to do. And the ending is always sucky.., it's a sobering reminder of the other things in our lives that we think have to come first but maybe could play second fiddle. I think sooner than later an addition is going to have to be moved to the front and then what is going to happen? A mad panic?
    What do you do when you have to make a big decision that is inevitable? How long do you chase your tail?

We decorated ye ol' house for Halloween.
The Tweedles did the pumpkins and spider webs.
Skull lights in the front garden bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment