Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Speaking of going back...

    So teachers and kids are getting ready to go back to school and I too am getting ready to go back. Well, back to work from being out on maternity leave. I still cannot believe how short of a leave they expect us moms to have.., 6 weeks?! Are you kidding me? That is just way too short. Thankfully, I am "protected" by the Family and Medical Leave Act for 12 weeks. (Even though disability ends at 6 weeks - I know it is short term but dang thats short!)
    This is going to be a massive ball of early morning chaos, I can already tell. I almost want to start doing trial takes of how the mornings are going to be.., yinno.., wake up, shower, get ready and then leave all on time. I wish the hubs lots of luck trying to get out of the door with three kids and going to daycare (aka school).
    I start to get nervous and anxious about going back. I'm hoping I can keep all these balls up in the air.., "I can do this, I can do this, I can do this." I'm going to have to channel my inner Little Engine that Could! I will keep you posted on how my big day goes.
Here's to my working mums out there!

Ps. Did you like how I avoided the dreaded United States vs the World on Maternity leaves?

No comments:

Post a Comment