Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

    Here I am sitting with Bear. Today is our last Thursday together with just us. Today is the last Thursday of my maternity leave. My last week is almost done before I go back to work on Monday. Talk about anxiety!
    This is my last maternity leave, as Bear is our last family member. (Unless you count any pets we may acquire throughout the years.., maybe a fish or two) But she is and will be the baby of the family.
    I feel more emotional than at the peak of all the pregnancy hormones right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to go back to work and get to do with I went to school for. I like being able to create new literature pieces and challenge my creative abilities, and the paycheck is decent (and needed). But I feel like these past 12 weeks didn't happen, they went by with a blink of an eye.
    Again, my hats off to you moms that have to or need to go back at 6 weeks (which is insanely too early in my opinion). I don't think I would have been able to, physically and emotionally. I also tip my hat to those countries who know and understand the need for longer paid maternity leaves and how healthy it is for both mother and child to spend these early times together.  
    So let's wrap up this sob post (I cant promise you it wont be the last one as I have yet to tackle the dreaded first Monday back and I am sure there will be some sob story for how my day went) Today I am so very thankful that I was able to be at home with my baby girl for as long as I did, even though it doesn't feel like it was long enough. I am thankful nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment