Saturday, January 4, 2014

On an island in the snow...

    For those that don't know me, I'm not a huge fan of the snow. In fact I really, really do not like the snow. Incredibly ironic since I live in Central NY - I know! I will be the first to agree that it is absolutely beautiful when it is snowing and seeing the glistening snow cover the landscape but the realist in me sets in and soon sees the grey dirty snow from the salt covered roads, the dirty dingy piles in parking lots and the soppy wet ground it will leave behind once it starts to melt away.
   Lucky for my kids, the Hubs doesn't mind the snow. In fact he welcomes the snow with open arms. (When it snows it's really good for business in the snow mobile portion of his job and his hobby of snow plow small engine repair.) I, on the other hand, will continue to gladly watch them frolic around outside from the comfort and heat of the house.
    In our recent lake effect snow storm we got dumped with a few feet of snow so the crew was more than excited to bundle up and venture into the white unknown while Bear and I watched from the bay window.
    The Hubs snow plowed a gigantic pile of snow in our front yard and what resulted a mound of snow aka Snow Island (here is where Weezer's Island in the Sun plays). The kids had such a blast climbing up and down the sides. Tack on some round sleds and they were out there for a long time - that is until one got snow in the face and finally admitted they were cold and wanted to come inside for some hot chocolate.




    What do you and your kiddos enjoy doing in the snow? Snow people? Snow mobiling? Iceskating? Extreme sledding?

No comments:

Post a Comment