Monday, January 6, 2014

Almost Cake Making Time!

    I am not a Cake Boss but I'd like to pretend I am. And it's almost that time of the year where I make the Tweedles their birthday cakes!! I have such a fun time with them and this year is going to another blast! Lulu was born January 27, about two weeks before her due date. Then almost two years later - and I say almost two years later because it was 11 days shy of two years - Trey was born January 16. 
    To save all my hair from being pulled out we opted to have one party for the both of them when it comes time to celebrate with family and we usually wait until the end of the month (to give me plenty of time to recover from Christmas). 
    This year they have decided on a Buggy Tea Party theme. Yes, you read that right. Trey picked out bugs. He loves bugs. And Lulu has been consumed by Madeline Hatter from Ever After High, hence the tea party. An interesting combined party theme for sure!
    Since Lulu's first birthday I have always used the cupcake cake pan and for Trey its been a simple circle cake pan. I have some really great ideas floating around in my mind for their cakes. Of course I listen to their input too. Trey wants bugs on his.., simple enough. Lulu wants Madeline Hatter with an entire tea party set up and blah blah blah blah.., not so simple enough but the Hubs did manage to track a Madeline Hatter doll down to surprise her. It only took three visits to Targets and one visit to a Toys R Us to find one.., jeepers. The things we do for our kiddos - haha.
    Here are some previous cakes I've done for them. Not too shabby for a mum who is not a specialized patisserie eh?

Lulu's 4th Birthday - Belle Cake Dress

Lulu's 5th Birthday - The Mermaid washed upon the cake

Trey's 2nd Birthday - The Road to the 2's cake

Trey's 3rd Birthday - The Pirate Treasure cake

Do you make your kid's cakes or do you order them at a bakery? 
These are individual cakes just for my kiddos, the guests will get cupcakes that are usually decorated down the middle with the two themes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment