Friday, August 2, 2013

I want to be a Southern Belle

    Right now I'm watching Lifetime's Pretty Wicked Moms. I seriously can't take my eyes of it this right now. I think part of it is out of curiosity of watching these ladies with their kids. Another part is the Southern life style is something of interest to me.
    Perhaps I secretly wish that I was a Southern Belle. Compared to what I think is a Southern Belle, I would be considered a rough and tough New Yorker (even though I'm on the opposite side of New York state to be a true "New Yorker")
    I think the idea of taking care of the kids all while having a four course meal on the table and an extremely clean house all while being polished and dressed up with hair and makeup done is amazing to me. I love some of their antidotes and sayings.
    I'll add "being more like a Southern Belle" on my list of things to do for 2013. Don't get me wrong, my kids are taken care of and my house is - well we just moved so it's coming together but I could probably start mega cleaning this place up. I'll have to work on getting out of lounge clothes and actually doing my hair in something other than a balled up mess on top of my head. I'm going to go through my clothes and get rid of the ones that don't fit or don't wear.
    Maybe this is like watching an episode of Hoarders - it's that motivational kick to purge and clean. This is turning out to be a motivational kick to get things back on track? Sure, why not.
    What do you think of the Southern Belle lifestyle?
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment