Friday, May 24, 2013

Not the Grundy County Auction - but SOLD!

    It's FREEZING here this morning! News says it is currently 39 degrees. I am bundled up to delay the temptation to turn the heat on. Must resist.
    There are few things that I will admit when it comes to country music. (Very few things) Granted I grew up in "the country" but that doesn't mean I listened to country music. Too many horses, women leaving, beers drinking or left alone, moonlight river walks, tractors and trucks for me BUT thanks to an old co-worker I use to ride with I know all the lyrics to "Sold (The Grundy County Auction Incident)" sung by John Michael Montgomery. That is exactly what I am singing in my head right now.
    The Hubs drove by the house we're buying and it had the red SOLD sign on!! Yikes!! Then I got sign envy - where is the red sign for the front of our house? Actually, it's okay we don't have the red sign yet. I'm still trying to process the house inspection and news from the buyer (like I have a choice).
    I came to the conclusion last night that it feels like we're the ones that are putting up the parking lot. You know - "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot - ohhhhh lalalalala"  I'm going all Joni Mitchell  Big Yellow Taxi on this house and land. It's silly I know!
    How I can be so super excited about the new house and so saddened by leaving this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment