Thursday, January 17, 2013

Flip a coin

    I am one of those people who thinks things happen for a reason - not all the time but most of the time. Today is one of those days where I could flip a coin to figure out if its a good sign or not.
    As you might know the Hubs and I are struggling with figuring out if we should add on to this house and keep living here, or move to a new one. The market in our area is very slim picking right now. And we have had a few houses squeak out from under us as we were late comers to the search. (Major bummer on the one - grrrr!)
    With that being said, I have had my eye on an abandoned house. Yeah that makes me a house stalker. Haha. It had been on the market when I had Trey then it went off and was never on again. It has been empty since. That's nearly three years! One day I drove by and saw signs on the front door, so I stopped to see what they said. Mainly the town had deemed the property empty and that the bank was to assume ownership and care. So I called the town and they put me in a direction of who owned it. I am still amazed at what I was able to piece together of the history and owner. Thank you world wide web. The town advised me to write a letter to see about the status but since it was a few days before the Christmas holiday I decided to wait until after then New Year. Might have been a good thing I waited.., maybe..., flip coin here.
    That brings us to this afternoon. It's a split work day with Hubs so when I get home he goes to work. He drove by this dream house of mine and he called to let me know the sign out front. Never heard of the realtor company and their website wasn't working so I drove out and grabbed the phone number. Insert severe anxiety here. I couldn't call.  I was chicken poop. I didn't want to hear some ungodly price and crush my dream. So he called.
    Apparently the house is just starting in the foreclosure process and it will be sold "as-is". This is where I crossed my fingers, toes, legs, arms, eyes, EVERYTHING!! This could be a good sign. I hope it's a good sign. I have to stay positive on this. Although waiting is horrible! My mind is churning. What number will the bank come up with? Did someone beat us to contacting them? Lots of what ifs and pleases whirl through my mind.
    It brings me to another thing - what is the process for pursing foreclosures? Has anyone bought a house "as-is" and in a state of foreclosure? Any tips or pointers? Things to ask about?

No comments:

Post a Comment