Saturday, November 16, 2013

Catching up to catching up

    I haven't been online as much as I normally am. I've grown a bit indifferent about posting lately and I'm not sure why. But I'd like to keep at it and hope that someone out there is reading what I write. I'm sure at one point or another every "blogger" goes through that feeling.
   Ok - so enough of my sappy mood swing. Let's catch up to things that I am thankful for. I last left off on November 4th so I have a lot to catch up to! These are not in any particular order.

    5. Our "new to us" house. We totally out grew our 2 bedroom house two kids ago. Although it was a long and tedious process and decision, we found a house to call our home.
    6. Socks! I am totally thankful for warm, fuzzy socks. My feet get so chilly so I tend to layer on a few socks. (This was very useful when I was going to college and walking from the dorm to classes in snow!)
    7. My sewing machine my mum gave me. Although I haven't really truly set up my sewing/crafting space I've been using it far more than I did before the move.
    8. My cousin JP. She is like the little sister I never wanted - that's what I tell her. She's such a sweetheart and is sometimes too kind for her own good but she listens and lets me rant and rave.
    9. My friend LS. Even though she was only in New York for a few years, she was such an awesome friend before she moved back to Maryland. As much as I am elated that she finally found true love and had an amazingly beautiful baby boy, I miss her to no end! We had some great times before kids.., haha.
   10. My mandolin. One of the coolest Christmas gifts the Hubs got me. I just get a kick out of slicing something uniformly. I've made apple chips, apple fries, zucchini chips, beet chips...., and so on.
   11. The doctor when I had Bear. She was wonderful. She allowed us to have Lulu in the delivery room - bc what 5 year old doesn't want to cheer her mum on while delivering her sister? She was also great at helping me deliver Bear without an epidural (which in itself was amazing! If I could go back and redeliver the older two I would have done both without an epidural as well.)
    12. This one might be odd since I'm no longer pregnant nor will I be pregnant again BUT I am thankful for my cozy, purple maternity hoodie from Old Navy. I LOVE it. I can't bear to part with it.., EVER. That cozy hoodie kept me warm through all of my pregnancies. Yes, I apparently have an emotional attachment to a piece of clothing.
    13. Cuddles. I am so thankful for cuddles, especially when the kiddos know I need one. Those are the best! Two little arms wrapped around me hugging me with their warmth and love.
    14. Our dog, Jax. I wont forget the day we picked her up and I had her wrapped up in a Ninja Turtles towel. She slept in my arms the entire ride. Right after we brought Lulu home she became the protector. Although she's all bark and no bite, she's still a good "po-po".
    15. Coffee. I'm a mum of three...., enough said. Haha.
    16. This is going to sound like a back handed compliment...., but its true.., and its also not meant to be a compliment. Without getting into the entire gruesome back story..., I am thankful for my Hub's dad. We do not talk to him any longer, nor is he involved with us (a smart choice on my Hub's behalf)...., but I am thankful for him being a selfish, egotistical a**hat. My Hubs vowed to never be like that with our children. My Hubs is involved and very hands on with our children, has been since the minute they were born. He will not take fatherhood for granted like his dad did.

    Ok - there! I am caught up. And for that.., I am thankful. What are some things you are thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment