Monday, June 16, 2014

Snap, Crackle, Matcha!

    I'm part of a group online that is currently obsessed with CrispyCakes aka souped up rice crispy treats. There have no been spottings out in my neck of the woods and I just can't bring myself to pay for shipping since they already cost a hefty penny. Major bummer.

   The other day I had a hankering for a green tea latte and that's when the light bulb clicked on. What if I made some green tea rice crispy treats? That way I'd fill both of my cravings (and no... not pregnant - lol).

   I gathered up my ingredients and fiddled with some measuring. I also had a kitchen co-pilot with me. Bear was along for the taste testing ride. 

   We used:

   1 package of mini marshmallows (10.5oz)
   3 tbsp butter
   1.5 tbsp matcha powder
   5 cups of rice crispy cereal
   ** opt. 1-2 sample packets of Eat Green tea leaves 
   (I had these sample packets from a sub box and figured I'd toss them in) 



   Stir the marshmallows and butter together over low-medium heat until melted. Helpful hint - spray your spoon so it doesn't stick too much.



    I turned the heat off and then added the matcha powder and tea leaves packets. It took a while to make sure all the powder was mixed pretty well so keeping it on the warm burner helped keep the marshmallow mixture moving.
**I started with one tbsp of matcha powder but found that too weak for me so I added another half tbsp. It's all up to your taste but I suggest starting with at least 1 tbsp.





    Remove from heat and add the rice crispy cereal. 

    Spray pan with nonstick spray and spread the mixture in the pan. 
    *I sprayed my hand to move it around so it didn't stick.



    Cool and enjoy!!
That's the best part!!

And it's Bear approved. 
Now to decide if I should/can share the rest.
What do you add to your crispy treats?
Have you ever had a CrispyCake?


No comments:

Post a Comment