Friday, May 23, 2014

Just an observation - sick kids

    I'm not trying to brag but I'm sure it will sound very much like bragging. I'm not trying to boast but I'm sure it will sound like I am doing that. I'm just making a general observation and genuinely wondering if this is a growing a trend and wonder why. 

   Growing up I don't recall being sickly or having to go the doctors a lot. I know that when I went to the school nurse it was rare and when I went I was honest to goodness sick. I know my brother had ear aches and eventually had tubes in but nothing else major. 

    My kids have been on the healthy side since their births. We had a bit of an RSV scare with Bear and TW gave us our very first ear infection but other than those two events we only go to the doctors for yearly wellness checks. We are very, very fortunate to not have any allergies (knocks on wood a bahgillion times).

    I'm chatting about this because I saw on my facebook news feed that my cousin is taking her 1yo in for tubes, this is after last week's post that she was back at the doctors for another ear infection. My other cousin has two children and both have been to the doctors often for sore throats, allergies, ear infections and even for glasses because of allergies. She has even been given a nebulizer for them. I know a few others who have been to the doctors countless times with their children for infections and reactions, etc. 

    Is this the growing trend or am I just more aware now because I'm a mom? 

    I'm not saying that we don't experience stuffy noses or fevers, we just treat them as they come and have been lucky they haven't amounted to anything else (again, with Bear's RSV case set aside). 

    How often do you take your kids to the doctors? Have you had any sicknesses or scares? How do you combat cold and flu season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment